If you possess that genius within you, amused by mind games, then you must be a massive enthusiast of chess too. And once you belong to chess, how could you ever miss Hikaru Nakamura? Or did you just say that you did not know this person who made millions out of the game? Get familiarized with this enchanting human through this article on Hikaru Nakamura.
About Hikaru Nakamura
Hiraku Nakamura is an outstanding American Chess player and also a Twitch live streamer, an online portal for gamers. He once held the track record of being the most juvenile American chess grandmaster. He has been the US champion five times until now. He has a rating of 2816 which is given to chess players and is ranked tenth in the list of chess players who have the highest FIDE ratings in the globe.
Early Life And Family
Hikaru Nakamura came into existence on the 9th of December in 1987 in Hirakata, a Japanese city. His mother was American, Carolyn Nakamura, and his father was Japanese, Shuichi Nakamura. Their family immigrated to the United States similar to many Asians in 1989 and soon within a year, his parents got divorced. After that, stepped into his life was his Srilankan stepfather, Sunil Weeramantry who was a FIDE Master and also an author of chess began his career. Too young to begin with he learned more about chess.
His stepfather’s presence sparked interest in Nakamura’s life towards chess. And after he was coached by his stepfather into chess, the rest evolved into history.
His Career And Milestones
Hikaru Nakamura set the record as the least aged American to become a Grandmaster when he was only 15 years and 79 days. Nonetheless, this record is now set by Samuel Sevian with the age record at 13 years and 10 months.
His significant achievements are:
- When Nakamura was at the age of 10, he became the youngest American lad to win against an International Master.
- At the same tender age, he was the youngest player to be named a chess master by the United States Chess Federation.
- In 1999, he was awarded the Laura Aspis Prize which is given to the top USCF-rated players below the age of thirteen.
- In 2005, he won the 19th Frank Samford Chess Fellow which granted him 32,000 US dollars.
He has been bagging the title of US champion five times until this date.
- In May 2014, FIDE launched its publication on rapid and blitz chess ratings which he stood on top altogether.
- In October 2015, his FIDE rating was found to be 2816 which was amazing to be second in the world back in the day.
A Few Things You Didn’t Know About Hikaru Nakamura
- His IQ according to an online quiz was found to be 102.
- He is the fifth richest grandmaster in the world.
- He adores Tesla automobiles.
Hiraku Nakamura has a net worth of about 50 million US dollars. It is assumed that he wins about 0.5 million US dollars by winning each chess match. The majority of the millions in hand is achieved from his chess career. He also earns money by coaching young enthusiasts on Twitch.